Digitizing both inbound and outbound logistics processes provides benefits to the bottom line:
- 6-7 days removed from cash-to-cash cycle
- 3% freight cost savings
- $30 labor cost savings per shipment
But connecting logistics service providers (LSPs) and automating shipment processes is complicated by disparate technologies, legacy manual processes, and lack of digital data sources.
Customer service teams spend hours per week fielding calls from customers about the status of their deliveries. Planners buffer the risks from inbound shipment lead times with inventory. Logistics operators manage high spikes in workload due to lack of visibility to shipment arrival times. Capacity is tight and freight costs continue to rise. Building collaborative relationships with LSPs has never been more important.
Digitization creates the capability for optimization within and across organizations: reducing errors, shipment lead times, wait times and dispute resolution cycles; enabling efficient site logistics and timely invoicing; creating knowledge workers from data clerks.
These benefits of visibility and collaboration are only realized when you connect, automate and digitally transform your supply chain.
With Elemica Logistics Management solutions, you can connect to and collaborate with all your logistics service providers for logistics execution, visibility, site logistics and freight cost management. You leverage an integrated network of carriers, forwarders, terminal operators and warehouse providers that provide you with digital shipment data, regardless of region, mode, or capabilities. Your partners work together with you to jointly manage appointment schedules and freight costs. Elemica provides a comprehensive view into your logistics network, giving you greater visibility, proactive alerts, and analytics tools for performance management.
Using our powerful and patented QuickLink integration network, Elemica can provide fast access to your LSPs. Regardless of the level of business activity with a trading partner or their technical capability, Elemica Logistics Management has ways to connect. High-volume partners need direct connections via APIs or EDI, while medium- and small-volume partners can use portals or simply Elemica QuickLink eMail for Logistics.
Transport Execution and Visibility
With current market conditions, you cannot be sure that your carrier is going to accept all loads, as they may have done in the past. Elemica’s solution automates the request/response process so that you can efficiently create shipment delivery plans. By establishing a digital connection with the carrier, you can also automate shipment status messages, providing valuable visibility data to fuel proactive alerts.
The Elemica Logistics Management solution offers:
- Automated shipment acceptance process
- Shipment visibility from pickup to Point of delivery
- Proactive alerts
- Document management
- Carrier performance analysis
The increase in IoT and other data sources creates an opportunity to collect data from multiple sources about a single shipment. Elemica’s solution allows for this to ensure you have the most up-to-date information available.
Digital transformation of logistics with Elemica results in reduced time spent on booking and tracking freight. Customer service can pay closer attention to exceptions and improve the quality of interactions with customers. Having improved visibility allows you to reduce inventory and expedited shipments. Your carrier interactions become more collaborative, making you a shipper of choice.
Time Slot Management
Eliminate detention charges and site congestion for loading and unloading operations. From the shipper’s and carrier perspective the automated process provides:
- Collaborative appointment planning
- Patented scheduling algorithm
- Resource, location, product constraints
- Appointment execution management
The Elemica Time Slot Management application reduces wait times and congestion at sites, smooths site resource workload, and creates more consistent shipment lead times. This results in lower freight costs, lower operating costs, improved customer service and optimized inventory levels.
Freight Cost Management
Eliminate freight invoice audits & disputes with collaborative cost management. Digitize and automate shipment cost accruals and accept/reject shipment cost requests from carriers or forwarders.
The Elemica Freight Cost Management solution provides:
- Accessorial cost negotiation
- Digitized and disciplined approach for managing line-item freight costs
- Automation of freight invoices or self-billing
- Workflow controls to ensure timely settlement
With Elemica Freight Cost Management you remove disputes with carriers, create a digital record of shipment costs for accruals and can eliminate freight invoices altogether. This results in lower operating costs, more accessorial cost recovery from customers, and timely payment processes, allowing you to negotiate better terms with carriers.
Terminal & Warehouse Visibility
Synchronize shipping and inventory information across your network of 3rd-party service providers. Provide partners with digitization capabilities regardless of their technical environment.
The Elemica solution provides:
- Inbound shipment processing
- Real-time goods issue data
- Document management
- Inventory synchronization
- Data upload template for integration alternatives
With Elemica Terminal and Warehouse Visibility, receive shipment confirmations digitally. Monitor shipment progress for customer notifications and eliminate expensive ERP terminals at LSPs. Speed order-to-cash cycle and reduce administrative costs by eliminating shipment data delays across your outsourced distribution network.
Logistics Management Benefits:
Working capital improvements
- Automate shipment confirmations to accelerate invoicing
- Reduce safety stock with more confidence in shipment lead times and inventory levels
- Eliminate disputes with carriers to negotiate better payment terms
Freight cost reductions
- Improve discipline on accessorial charges
- Create a cost record that can be charged to customers, to recover freight charges paid
- Enable early payment discounts with carriers
- Reduce wait times and resulting detention charges
- Diminish premium freight, cancellations, returns through digitization and automation
- Avoid freight charges with enhanced visibility and proactive alerts
Labor costs savings
- Eliminate manual shipment booking operations
- Reduce time spent tracking shipments
- Automate carrier performance scorecards
- Eliminate dispute resolutions
- Enable self-billing and eliminate freight invoices
- Optimize site resources for loading/unloading operations
Logistics Management Key Features:
- Authenticated Proof of Delivery (POD)
- Automated shipment confirmations
- Support for multi-party shipments
- Proactive alerts
- Collaborative appointment scheduling
- Appointment execution tracking
- Integrated freight cost management with cost collaboration and automated invoicing
- Inventory visibility and synchronization across 3rd party locations
- Document management
- Reporting and analytics for data quality and performance management
- Mobile and SMS features
Optional Elemica Logistics Management add-on applications include:
Elemica Pulse: Maintain the health of your supply chain by proactively monitoring your order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes.
Elemica Trace: Track shipments in real-time to provide your customers with timely updates and improved ETAs for order deliveries.